Acquisition Advisory Services
Successful companies know that acquisitions are an important part of a long-term growth strategy. Unfortunately, however, most acquisitions do not result in desired goals for buyers. Those buyers that are successful understand that the process must be professionally managed, well planned, focused, and disciplined.
At The Inman Company we remain optimistic about the outlook for deal activity in 2022, though there are risks. Buyers need an ever- expanding set of skills to compete in today’s competitive market. They must focus on retaining the target company’s talent, analyze revenues, study environmental, social, and corporate governance, leverage their own relationships and build a solid M&A model.
At The Inman Company, we have initiated, negotiated and closed acquisitions for family offices, private equity firms, private and public companies. These buyers understand that the best businesses are not “for sale” and that to interest these companies requires more than dollars, persistence, patience and experience.
Our buy side services include:
- The development of a formal acquisition strategy
- Researching the targeted industry and identify target companies
- Evaluating the target’s strengths and weaknesses , management, ownership, and long term objectives
- Providing an in-depth analysis of the target’s financial history and provide an opinion of fair market value of Company assets
- Pre-qualifying each target as a serious seller
- Meeting with the target’s management and ownership to establish our client as a preferred buyer without a competitive process
- Educating the acquisition target regarding the value of the business and the numerous factors influencing the value
- Meeting with target’s advisors and offering tax-favored alternatives as to deal structure
- Developing sophisticated financial models that support valuation
- Presenting formal acquisition proposals
- Preparing the Letter of Intent
- Supervising the due diligence process and preparation of various acquisition documents